.main-inner .columns {width: 100%;padding-left:0 !important;padding-right:0 !important;}

Friday 11 March 2011

30 Going on 13

In 2010 I turned 30! I know I don’t look old enough but I was indeed born at the beginning of a very unique era; the 1980’s!  To celebrate my birthday I had all my friends and family come and join me dressed in 80’s gear.  Someone told me that I looked great as Kylie Minogue, which was lovely considering I was channelling Madonna in the early 80s! Duh!!
You may be wondering why my post is titled 30 going on 13??  Well I don’t really feel like I have moved on since about my thirteenth birthday when I hit the “grown up” years.  I mean seriously at thirteen I thought I had hit adult hood and knew it all.  At thirty I have been married almost 12 years (I know; I was a child bride!)have two boys aged 8 and 10, and I own my own business.  I actually sound quite mature and responsible don’t I? But there is nothing I like more than to act  silly with my friends over a glass of wine, sing loudly in the car with my boys to the latest pop offering and eat candy floss till I hit a sugar high and then want to run around till I wear myself out. I sulk and pout until I get the handbag I want or the new top I really have my eye on…. See not so grown up am I?
There is a famous quote that says “We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise, we harden” and I really think staying young in my head allows me to do that.  People always use to say that I was a “wise head on young shoulders” which was a wonderful compliment to have but if there is one thing my dad taught me, it was to always be light hearted, stay jolly and happy and to never take anything to seriously; and that’s what makes me, me!  If I told you my life experience then you’d be quite surprised that I am light hearted, happy and jolly, but my dad taught me well. No matter what life throws at you, hit it head on with laughter and light heartedness and you’ll overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment