.main-inner .columns {width: 100%;padding-left:0 !important;padding-right:0 !important;}

Thursday 17 February 2011

Juggling all three

As you may already know, I have been to a retreat for a few days, and it has been invaluable.  The problem  however began when I returned from the retreat.  I got home to find both my boys ill, a mountain of emails to reply to and a sore pair of legs.  Yes dear readers, there was not a double whammy but a triple threat to the rest of my working week lol.

Today I have been a circus clown, juggling the business, my kids and my legs (actually taking my legs off and throwing them in the air sounds great right now)  Oh and I forgot to mention that I have had cravings for sugar today!!! NO NO NO! not funny. 

So what did I do? Well only one thing I could do... Lock myself in the shed !!!! Only kidding, number one my greatest enemy is in the shed.. half the neighbourhoods spiders and number two there is no power in the shed.

Seriously tho, I have done what I can and that has to be good enough for today.  I moved the dining room table in the kitchen for the kids to set up their tent in there to play with. That kept them occupied for about an hour!  Then I had to go to a meeting so I left them in the company of their dad and got done what I needed to do.  I accepted that there was little I could do about my legs, so i just tried to get on with the rest of it and apologised for every time I snapped at my kids and husband.  As for the chocolate/ sugar cravings, I ate an Atkins chocolate bar, had sweetener in my coffee and am staying out of the kitchen.

There is a little saying that says
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.

I guess this is me right now, accepting the things I cannot change is a massive challenge, courage to change the things I can is not so much of a challenge, as I am getting bolder the older I get. Wisdom to know the difference, well who doesn't need more of that.

So I am accepting that I have at least done some great work today, and my kids are happy going to bed tonight and I haven't had a massive carb fest so that's not bad going, well for today anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment