.main-inner .columns {width: 100%;padding-left:0 !important;padding-right:0 !important;}

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Today is D day.

Today I am returning to the Orthopaedic department to get the verdict on foot surgery.  six months ago I was told I was not a candidate for surgery as changing my feet, would mean changing the way I walked and this was not a good idea as it would lead to secondary problems.

I left my appointment six months ago and I sobbed all the way home. When it becomes so painful to walk that you really would rather give up on it all together, then it is obviously a serious problem. My naivety was that, if I present myself to experts who help peoples feet all day long, they would of course create a solution. WRONG!!  It turns out (from insider knowledge) that the main reason for not committing to surgery, was that it was going to open up a whole can of worms, and one surgery, would lead to another, to another and so on.

So today I am to return to his excellency the great orthopedic god, for him to ask me "how are you?" and for me to say "did you think i would have a miraculous experience and become cured?".  This is in fact what I will be saying in my head and what comes out of my mouth will be "the same as last time I saw you"

I will let you know what the great god said tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment